There are five main reasons why Astribank XPP Technology is superior to PCI cards:
- PCI cards are not suitable for high density installations.
- PCI installation requires PC disassembly.
- PCI solutions are difficult to maintain: if a port malfunctions, you have to power down the server and change the PCI board
- If a PC server malfunctions, you have to take 2 computers apart (the old unit, to take out the boards and the new unit, to install the boards). With Astribank – just swap the unit and plug in the USB. No need to shut down the power and dissemble the unit.
- Astribank is a hot-pluggable reliable USB 2.0 solution.
Refer to the table below for a point-by-point comparison:
Installation and Maintenance
|Easy installation||USB connection vs. card assembly|
|Hot swappable||Astribank uses external USB connection|
|Easy front panel access|
|Unit status indicators|
|Port status indicators|
|Communications cabinet compatibility||Industrial grade 19'' 1U rack mountable design|
|RJ11 and Telco connector||Either RJ11 or Telco. Astribank offers both for high density FXS installs.|
|Commercially-supported high availability||Astribank provides hot failover for complete PBX with TwinStar™|
|Support for mixed analog/digital channels|
|Fits any PC / Server||PCI cards need ½ or full-size vacant slot.|
|Input and output ports|
|Simple unlimited growth||Just add more Astribanks. No PCI slot limitation, no need to turn off the PC.|
|Message Waiting Indicator||MWI for analog telephones. This is a requirement in the lodging industry. We can light the message waiting lamp.|
|Slim 1U 19'' chassis||N / A|
|Realistic 1,000 ports support||PCI cards are typically limited to 48 analog ports.|