“As a recruitment business we are absolutely reliant on a good phone system and Xorcom has surpassed our expectations. The system has proved both robust and flexible and Phones Correct have dealt quickly and efficiently with any issues.”
– Paul Deacon, Managing Director - Deacon Search
|Main Challenge||The customer was moving to a different office and wanted a new phone system. Their remote workers needed the same telecom facilities as their office-based staff.|
|Distributor||VoIPon Solutions UK Ltd.|
|Solution||XR2047 with one PRI connection, 9 snom 320 and 3 snom 300 phones.|
Deacon Search is an independent boutique search and selection consultancy specialising in senior legal appointments. Deacon Search staff is comprised of 12 users (3 of whom are remote workers). The company’s requirement was for a flexible phone system at an affordable price, to be implemented within one month. The customer was hesitant to commit to a pure VoIP solution and therefore needed a connection to BT (British Telecom – a UK Telco provider). The requirement for 20 DDIs mandated an ISDN30 (PRI), with only twelve of the 30 channels active.
- The users are mostly office-based; only few of them are remote users.
- Each user should be able to pick up each other’s incoming as well as the main number’s calls.
- Call forward option should be available when staff is not in the office.
- A general voice mailbox where clients can leave a message should be created.
- Each user requires a private voice mail box.
- Voice mail messages should be sent to email addresses.
- No restrictions should be placed on outgoing calls.
- The outbound caller ID should be hidden.
- Distinguishable ringtones should be established for main number and personal number.
Call Flow Requirements
- Personal direct dial (DD) number will dial the corresponding user.
- Main number will dial the operator. If the operator is busy or unable to answer the call, the call will transfer to all other user with a different ringtone as well as a prefix to alert the users.
Call Queue and Voice Mail Requirements
- All incoming calls must be answered either by a person or routed to voicemail in order to avoid a situation where there is no response and the caller simply hangs up.
- All employees should receive their voice mail by email, in addition to having it available via the telephone handset.
- Call forward option for the users from their handset.
- Employees should be able to call from outside to a DID and listen to their voicemail box after inputting the correct password.
The proposed solution consisted of the Xorcom XR2047 IP-PBX, which provides one connection to ISDN30 (PRI) with BT, 9 snom 320 and 3 snom 300 phones.
It took Phones-Correct, the integrator, three days on-site to handle the entire implementation, addressing all the requirements listed above. For example, configuring phones for remote workers, individual DDI for each user as well as group DDI, call forward, distinguished ring tone, call pickup, updating the phones firmware, configuring the Xorcom XR2047 to fulfill all the requirements, etc.
Paul Deacon, Managing Director of Deacon Search, states:
“We are delighted with the solution which Phones Correct proposed. As a recruitment business we are absolutely reliant on a good phone system and Xorcom has surpassed our expectations. The system has proved both robust and flexible and Phones Correct have dealt quickly and efficiently with any issues.”
About Deacon Search
Deacon Search is an independent boutique search and selection consultancy specialising in senior legal appointments. In 2007 they launched a sister business, Deacon Associates, to recruit more junior level lawyers and in 2011 they created Deacon In-House, which focuses on placing lawyers at all-levels into corporate and financial institutions. For more information, visit www.deaconsearch.com.
Phones Correct provide personal and expert Telecoms consultation services to businesses throughout the UK. Whether you want a telephony system or simply save on your telephony monthly costs we can offer you customized and professional solution with excellent support. Creating partnerships with key technology vendors like Xorcom, Snom and Gamma Telecom means we deliver innovative, flexible, scalable but reliable solutions to our clients. For more information, visit www.phones-correct.co.uk.
About VoIPon Solutions UK Ltd.
VoIPon Solutions UK Ltd. distributes the world’s market-leading voice over IP equipment and services to businesses. Looking globally for inspiration, the company led the UK market into the Voice over IP space and is one of the most established companies in the region. By bringing best-of-breed equipment and standards of service to businesses both within the UK and abroad, and empowering its knowledgeable staff to build relationships with its customers, VoIPon helps businesses reduce the total cost of ownership of their telecom systems and devices. A division of Keison International, founded in 1986, VoIPon is a financially stable enterprise. More information on the company can be found at www.voipon.co.uk.