Video Conferencing Solution Small and Medium Businesses Can Afford Now Shipping
Multi-point high quality video and voice conferencing capability in open source IP PBX brings cost-effective functionality to small and medium sized businesses
Xorcom, a privately-held manufacturer of business telephony interfaces and appliances, today announced that its integrated, multi-point video and voice conferencing solution called the XV3000 is now shipping. The XV3000 is a video conferencing platform bundled into a Xorcom high-end IP-PBX that makes video conferencing capabilities affordable and accessible to businesses of all sizes.
The Benefits Video Conferencing Brings to Enterprises
Due to the enormous growth in smart phone use and the widespread adoption of multimedia applications, video conferencing is quickly becoming the natural choice for communications in the larger enterprises. The main benefits of this type of communication that immediately come to mind include:
- Cost-effective meetings — cut down travel expenses
- Improved communication — visual aspects, such as body language and object displays, promote better understanding of concepts
- Efficient meetings — video is engaging, increasing participants’ attention span
- Keeping remote workers involved — stay in better touch with tele-workers and road warriors
- Remote training — update staff on the fly
- Timely customer support — troubleshoot issues without onsite visits
The larger the enterprise, the greater the financial benefit of the video conferencing solution. As a result, larger enterprises have adopted large-scale video conferencing solutions that require dedicated resources and therefore carry a big price tag. Smaller organizations, for the most part, have had to forego the benefits listed above, since they are hard-pressed to make the large investment required for dedicated video conferencing solutions. Those days are now over.
Endpoint Freedom for Cost-Effective Voice & Video Conferencing
The XV3000 enables small and medium-sized business to get the benefits of enterprise-grade video conferencing without the high price tag. Features include:
- High Definition (HD) Voice and Video – Supports video resolutions of up to 720p and Wideband HD Voice for unmatched quality and density
- Simple Solution with Intuitive Web Management – Installs and operates within minutes in any IP network environment, using a simple Web interface
- Seamless Interoperability and Smooth Transcoding - Built on a field-hardened media processing foundation; provides standard-based SIP protocol to connect a wide variety of devices such as IP video phones, laptops, tablets, smartphones and room systems
- Reliable, Flexible Telephony - Unique PBX design ensures the reliability of a proprietary telephony system, while providing the flexibility, scalability, easy integration and competitive pricing afforded by an open source platform
Video Conferencing Solution to be Demonstrated Live at IT EXPO
The XV3000 video conferencing solution will be demonstrated live in the Xorcom booth (#714) at the IT EXPO event, taking place at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas from Oct. 2-5.
The XV3000 is now available from Xorcom’s worldwide channel of distribution partners.