Scope of this Release
- This release introduces new phone models support, HTTPS settings, class-of-service improvements, H323 trunks support, and several other features and fixes.
- In addition to the features and fixes listed below, this release contains all the items from the 5.0.78 beta version release.
When upgrading any CompletePBX system (excluding Spark) from version 5.0.59 or older, follow the following procedure:
1. run yum install xorcom-centos-release
2. run yum update
This will ensure the system will be updated from the correct repositories.
VTech Hospitality IP Phones Added
In this release, we keep expanding our hospitality offering:
Two new Vtech hotel SIP phones were added to the CompletePBX endpoint manager IP phone provisioning:
- Vtech CTM-S2411 – Hospitality cordless desk/bedside SIP phone
- VTech S2211 – Small form factor hotel SIP phone
New Snom IP Phone Models Now Supported
New and modern Snom SIP phones are now supported by CompletePBX endpoint manager IP phone provisioning:
- Snom D120
- Snom D712
- Snom D717
- Snom D735
- Snom D765
- Snom D785
HTTPS Access Configured via PBX GUI
HTTPS can now be effortlessly configured via the CompletePBX GUI.
In order to configure HTTPS access:
- Go to Admin -> Security -> HTTPS
- Set Enabled to Yes
- Select the relevant options and fill in the required information.
The HTTPS setting supports both generating and assigning self-signed certificates and importing certificates.
It is now possible to set up an H.323 trunk in the PBX GUI.
To set up, go to Trunks -> H.323
and follow the instructions.
Note that H.323 is disabled by default and has to be enabled in Settings.
Also, make sure the firewall is set up accordingly.
PBX Class of Service (Permissions) –
Exclude Internal Dialing
Following the new capability of applying class-of-service dialing restrictions to internal dialing (introduced in beta 5.0.78 release), it is now possible to select to ignore specific dialing rules for internal dialing, thus keeping the original system logic.
By default, new dialing restriction rules will be applied to all dialing (including internal dialing).
Rules that exist in the system prior to this update will be automatically set to ignore internal dialing, which means there will not be any change in behavior for pre-configures rules.
The default settings can be changed at any time by a toggle in the relevant dialing restriction rule.
- Click-to-dial is now available also for Call Logs in the User Portal.
- When using click-to-dial from the user portal the user will now get the dialed number on the phone screen and history.
- In the PBX Backup and Restore module the stored backups on the right-hand side menu are now sorted from the newest to the oldest.
- Irrelevant options removed from Profiles in order to avoid wrong DAHDI channel settings by users.
- Setting a default system language (Settings -> PBX Settings -> System General -> Language) will now also affect the default new extension language, Inbound Route and Conference language.
- Wrong translation when default locale was not English (EN).
- Call completion doesn’t work after dialing a feature code.
- Some API issues are fixed in this update.