When upgrading any CompletePBX system (excluding Spark) from version 5.0.59 or older, follow the following procedure:
1. run yum install xorcom-centos-release
2. run yum update
This will ensure the system will be updated from the correct repositories.
This is a beta version and will not be installed by the normal update process.
In order to install this beta version:
- Download (right-click and select the download option) this file
- Copy the file into the /etc/yum.repos.d folder
- run ‘yum update’
Note: no special steps should be taken in future updates.
Dialing Restrictions (PBX Class of Service)
- Dialing restrictions may now be used to restrict dialing to extension and other types of internal (within the PBX) dialing. Prior to this change, the Dialing Restrictions applied only for outbound dialing and did not apply to extensions and feature-codes.
- It is now possible to use special characters in the Description field.
- It is now possible to create dialing rules containing “*” (asterisk). Together with the first item, this allows restricting feature-code dialing.
- It is now possible to restrict direct dialing from IVR to specific extensions only.
Backup and Restore
- It is now possible to restore a backup from an older CompletePBX version directly to a newer CompletePBX version.
- Restoring a system now also restores the NTP settings.
- Email configuration is now restored upon restoring a backup.
Queues and Ring Groups
- Calles originated from queues and ring groups to the Last Destination will now end up in the Last Destination’s voicemail (based on the destination’s settings). Previously, calls from queues would not end up in voicemail.
- It is now possible to generate custom (specific) ringtones to calls coming in from queues and ring-groups by using alert info.
- Optimizations in dial plan and GUI
- Further improvements in Destinations for various modules
- Search option did not work on additional (non-default) phonebooks.
- Caller ID
- In case an external caller has the same number as an existing extension, the caller ID name of that extension was used instead of the original caller ID.
- Caller ID on call-completion, the caller ID would show “Unknown”, rather than “Call Completion”<extension_number>.
- Queue prefix did not always work accurately
- Night Mode hints were generated regardless of the Generate Hints (Yes/No) status.
- Mexican dial plan – Enable button did not disable the module when it was set to No.
- Manual time setting was overridden (System Misc. -> Time).
- CDR time did not match the Rename recording files task output. The file names would use UTC while the CDR uses User Time (Typically identical to System Time). Now the Rename recording files task names files using System Time. Old files will not be renamed.
- Fax notifications used UTC instead of User Time.
- Operator option did not work in voicemail.
- “Send Caller ID” in the Extensions module did not respect status.