This release contains improvements in PBX API, backup and restore options, caller ID pattern match on outbound routes, “hairpinning” (dialing directly to an inbound route), on-demand call recording improvements and various bug fixes.
When upgrading any CompletePBX system (excluding Spark) from version 5.0.59 or older, follow the following procedure:
1. run yum install xorcom-centos-release
2. run yum update
This will ensure the system will be updated from the correct repositories.
On-Demand Call Recording
- Pause and unpause on-demand call recording – it is now possible to stop an on-demand recording using the same feature code (*3 by default). The entire recording will be saved in one file, regardless of the pausing/unpausing. This is useful when one of the parties provides information that should not be kept on record, such as credit card numbers.
- On-demand call recording indication – an audio indication was added to on-demand call recording. When the user starts the call recording, a single “beep” sounds will be played to the recording party only and upon pausing a recording two “beep” sounds will be played to the recording party.
PBX API Improvements
The following capabilities were added to the PBX API:
- Setting call diversion types and values
- Configuring the Endpoint Manager hosts settings
- Management of scheduled tasks
PBX Backup-and-Restore Improvements
It is now possible to:
- Restore backups through CLI.
- Define a folder for the backup files.
Additional PBX Improvements
- Caller ID pattern match for outgoing calls – it is now possible to control calls on outbound routes via CID matching:
- “Hairpining” dialing – when dialing a number that matches an existing DID in the PBX, the call will be routed directly to the relevant inbound route without leaving the PBX to the PSTN. This does not apply to “catch-all” inbound routes. It is possible to disable this behavior in the CompletePBX GUI under Settings -> PBX Settings -> System General.
- Additional internal improvments
- Pickup groups – due to a regression, the settings did not perform correctly.
- Emergency notifications emails were not sent properly in some cases.
- Supervision Switchboard CID presentation was incorrect in some cases.
- Minor fix in Emergency module Custom Destinations presentation.
- Some IAX trunk settings would cause PBX GUI errors
- In some settings, firewall services were duplicated.
- It was not possible to set Call Limit from the Extension Status module.
- It was not possible to create an FXS hot-desking device (regression).
- Htek UC923 default dial-plan did not allow normal dialing. The defaults are fixed in the new template.