VoIP Phone System for Office - in UKJD-Law
“It was a pleasure to work with Phones Correct which provides an excellent product, stands behind it and commits to our satisfaction. Phones Correct succeeded in delivering us with a tailor-made solution which met our needs.”
“The capital cost of implementing the proposed solution was half the price of purchasing a traditional solution yet by using IP telephony all the functionality is still provided. While the cost savings are impressive, what is really great about this solution is the flexibility; it does everything and much more than the competitors – with no hidden costs.”
VoIPon Solutions UK Ltd.
The customer was opening a new office so he needed a totally new system with phones
XR2047 with one PRI connection and eight snom 320 phones
JD-Law is a law firm with four partners and two secretaries, one board room and one spare office for growth. The firm was new, opening its first office, and therefore required a brand new telephone system, including phone sets. The requirement was for something flexible at an affordable price, to be implemented within two months. The customer was hesitant to commit to a pure VoIP solution and therefore needed a connection to BT (British Telecom – a UK Telco provider). The requirement for eight DIDs mandated an ISDN30 (PRI), with only eight of the 30 channels active.
- The firm consists of eight different offices, each requiring their own DID
- Two secretaries need to be able to answer the main number
- Three different time conditions need to be configured
- A general voice mailbox where clients can leave a message
- Eight private voice mailboxes
- Voice mail messages should be sent to email addresses.
- Fax utility for sending and receiving faxes
- No restriction on outgoing calls
- Outbound caller ID for everyone should be defined as the main number
Call Flow Requirements
Call Flow for Main Number
8am to 6pm – calling the main number rings at both secretary extensions. Call is kept in a queue with 15 second intervals saying “press 1 if you want to leave a message, or continue to hold”. After 2 minutes the caller is forced to leave a voicemail if not answered.
6pm-8pm – calling the main number rings all phones except the secretaries’ phones (who have gone home by that time). If no one answers it goes to the general voice mailbox.
8pm-8am and weekends – calling the main number results in an announcement saying the office is closed. Please leave a message.
Call Flow for Partners
Each partner has his own number. Calling the private numbers rings at the respective extension. If no one answers and it is between 8am -6pm there is a message saying “press 0 for reception or wait to leave a message” and if it’s after 6pm and no one answers the called party goes straight to the personal voice mailbox. Pressing 0 rings both secretaries’ phones.
- YajHFC software must be installed on each computer to work with HylaFAX server.
- A single fax number must be dedicated to incoming and outgoing fax traffic.
- The received faxes should go to a general email address.
- Notification emails should be sent indicating if the fax transmission was successful or not.
Call Queue and Voice Mail Requirements
- All incoming calls must be answered either by a person or routed to voicemail in order to avoid a situation where there is no response and the caller simply hangs up.
- All employees should receive their voice mail by email, in addition to having it available via the telephone handset.
- The two secretaries must have BLF (Busy Lamp Field) keys configured on their phones allowing them to pick up a call and see if a partner is on the phone at the touch of a single key.
- All the phones need to be configured to activate CFW (Custom Firm Ware) to a mobile number using a function key. Another function key should deactivate the CFW.
- Employees should be able to call from outside to a DID and activate or deactivate CFW for their extension.
The proposed solution consisted of the Xorcom XR2047 which provides one connection to ISDN30 (PRI) with BT, and 8 snom 320 phones.