VoIP System for Multibranch - RomaniaINTRASOFT International S.A. (IT)
VoIP System Installation in Romania – Overview
INTRASOFT International S.A. was relocating an office in a new building, and wanted to use the occasion to implement a VoIP-based telephony infrastructure consisting of a main PBX and office phones. The challenge was to provide a solution in the short delivery time available, in synchronization with the client relocation plan. The existing solution was based on a proprietary analog/digital telephony platform. Using typical telephony features on these analog phones (such as call forwarding, teleconference, redialing, etc.), was a cumbersome task, and very few employees were actually using such features (awkward key combinations were needed to perform the simplest functions). Conference calls were almost impossible to organize, and when they were organized, the voice quality of the conference was very poor. In addition, the previous solution was based on a licensing scheme per extension, resulting in additional costs for each new extension added to the system.
Customer Voice Communications Requirements
- Basic PBX configuration
- Define Outbound Routes
- Define Inbound Routes
- Music on hold
- Over 50 Extensions
- Ring Groups
- Pick Up Groups
- Voice mail (VM) to electronic mail
- Specific routes to call transparently extensions in other branches located abroad (ex: Athens)
- Possibility to increase the number of extensions with no additional fees
- Proposed Solution
XE2000 PBX Server with:
- 1 x E1 port
Astribank USB Channel Bank with:
- 8 x FXO ports
- 8 x FXS ports
- CISCO SMB phones
Modulo Consulting, the integrator, performed both solution design and equipment configuration (solution delivery).
The implemented solution is currently fully functional and meets specific functionality requests from customer. The new solution offered several advantages, namely:
- Lower installation cost (hardware + installation /configuration) as opposed to proprietary solutions
- Lower maintenance cost (there was practically no system maintenance required during the entire year that the system has been functioning)
- VoIP advantages, such as calling to internal extensions using Soft-Phones via VPN when located at the client premises, have drastically reduced the usage of the mobile phones under roaming conditions. The flexibility that the Soft-Phone solution provides was one of the first things that was utilized.
- The ability to organize (and propose to organize for our clients) conference calls by using the out-of-the-box teleconferencing functionality of the new solution.
- Overall quality of service has been dramatically improved
- People are more likely to pick up a phone and talk to their colleagues on the other side of Balkans, resulting in reduced problem solving time.