Rapid Tunneling™ enables quick, targeted, first class remote access support of PBX customers’ technical issues
Quick and Easy Connection
Rapid Tunneling, a standard feature in all Xorcom IP-PBX models, is a software utility that allows secure remote access to the customer’s IP-PBX by a certified Xorcom support specialist, with no technical knowledge required on the part of the end user. In response to a customer request for technical support, the Rapid Tunneling utility is used to generate a secure connection between the support server and the customer’s Xorcom IP-PBX. The customer needs no prior knowledge of Asterisk; he follows a simple GUI-directed process to establish the connection and the support professional takes it from there. The decision to disconnect the session at any time is in the hands of the (non-technical) end user, by simply clicking on a button on the GUI screen.
How Does it Work?
- The Customer experiences a technical difficulty or requires a configuration change and contacts the certified Xorcom Support Specialist.
- The Xorcom Support Specialist generates a unique file with a security-key and support server address and sends the file to the Customer by e-mail.
- The Customer saves the file locally and then accesses a GUI page in the PBX user interface to activate the file.
- This opens a secure (SSH) connection between the Customer’s PBX and the support server.
- Now the Xorcom Support Specialist can work directly on the Customer’s PBX, change the configuration if necessary, and check any issue.
- The Customer may disconnect the session at any time by pressing the Disconnect button.
Streamlined Remote Access Support Process
With secure access to the customer’s PBX, the Certified Xorcom Support Specialist can perform troubleshooting, diagnostics, and even correct configuration issues in real time. The support process is streamlined with minimal resource investment; there is no need to ship systems, wait for log files, and attempt to understand issues from phone conversations – gaining all the advantages of an on-site service call without incurring any of the expense.
Products Which Support Remote Access
All Xorcom IP-PBX appliances are pre-installed with the client required to connect to the Rapid Tunneling remote access tool.